Its all Happening
- events calendar
Please use the calendar to view the latest events, you can refine between Mayor's Diary and Town Events
Add your name and email address below to be added to our reactive, quick and easy on-line survey initiative.
To serve those who live in the Town, work in the Town or visit the Town.
To strive to improve the quality of life for all residents of the Town.
To promote and represent the community's views and aspirations at local, county, regional and national level.
- To promote the devolution of services where they can be delivered more effectively and efficiently.
- To work in partnership at local, county, regional and national level to promote and provide for the well being of the Town's comunity.
To achieve these aims the Council's objectives are:
- To consult with the community to establish its aspirations for the future.
- To promote the vitality and viability of the Town Centre, Southdown and Batford.
- To encourage and participate in partnership and agency working with the public, private and voluntary sectors for the betterment of Harpenden.
- To promote sustainable policies that strive to improve the environment to meet the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their needs.
- To help to create a socially inclusive and caring community which embraces all its residents irrespective of age, culture, wealth, race or religion and which seeks to develop their well being, knowledge, understanding and mutual co-operation.
- To strive for a safer environment for the community.
- To deliver the best possible Town Council services for the lowest possible cost. Our aim is seamless local government delivering better, more cost effective services to residents.
- To ensure improved access to all Council services by working in close partnership with District and County Councils through on-line access at home, in libraries and at Council offices.
- To promote greater Police presence in the Town.
- To continue to lobby Hertfordshire County Council for improved roads and pavement maintenance.
- To continue to defend the character of the Town, oppose inappropriate development and preserve the green belt.
- To work for a cleaner and greener Harpenden.
- To work in partnership with the County Council and voluntary groups to deliver improved youth facilities in the Town.
- To work with St Albans District Council to seek the modernisation and improvement to the Public Halls to meet the needs and demands of Harpenden residents.
- To work with the History Society to find a permanent home for them in Harpenden.
- To work with local sports groups, clubs and resident groups to seek the mix and quality of facilities wanted by local residents.
- To actively support good ideas and encourage local initiatives.
- To oppose over-expansion and re-alignment of the runway at London Luton Airport where this would significantly impact on Harpenden.
- To lobby the Government to ensure the infrastructure needed to support London Luton Airport is provided.
- To improve services delivered to the elderly, disabled and less mobile members of the local and wider community.
- To facilitate the provision of affordable/key worker accommodation.
Last updated about 2 weeks ago